Instructions for weapons and equipment control procedure completion
- Fencers must submit their equipment to the weapons control room for the entire team at the same time, one day before the individual competitions.
- All inventory and equipment must be in good working condition and comply with the FIE regulations requirements.
- The list and the equipment amount submitted for the inspection are shown in the table No. 1.
- All inventory and equipment should be packed in the fencing bags. Electric part should be packed separately (article 1-4, Table 1). Weapons should be packed in a separate bag.
- Non-electric part of the equipment (article 5-9, Table 1) and all types of masks inspection will be conducted directly at the receiving zone, in the presence of an athlete.
- Country logos must be applied on the breeches, on both sides.
- Country and surname of the athlete must be printed in blue colour on the back. Letter size can range between 8 and 10 centimetres in height. All labels should be well readable.
- Edge weight retention is not checked at the weapons control room. During preliminary competitions, prior to the direct elimination round, the referee checks the weapon on the field before each fight.
- The athlete must submit a minimum of three copies of weapons and a minimum of three body wires of each type for the inspection in the call room.
- It is important to check the inventory for labeling after receiving.
Starting July 12, weapons control will be conducted daily.
8:00 - 13:00 – equipment acceptance
14:00 - 18:00 – equipment issuance
On July 12 and 13 all types of weapons will be accepted for the inspection.
Starting July 14, only those types of weapons which will fence the next day.
In case if any additional information is required, please refer to paragraph No. 25 of the FIE Statutes.
Table No. 1
ATTENTION! Electronic queue management system will be operating at the weapons control zone. In order to pass the equipment inspection you have to pack your weapons and gear in two bags.
Bag 1: gear specified in articles 1-4 of the table No 1.
Bag 2: gear specified in articles 5-9 of the table No 1.
You must know the exact number of weapons and gear submitted for inspection!
Only then you can proceed to the monitor.
Do not keep other people in line waiting!
Enter your data (the country and list of the equipment submitted) and get the ticket with a number.
Please submit bag 1 to the window.
Carrying bag 2, proceed to the table where your bag will be inspected in your presence. If during this time bag 1 goes through inspection, you can collect it, otherwise you must wait until the end of inspection. You’ll be called in when it’s over.
After that you will need to wait for your number to appear on the information board with a reference for the window you need to proceed to.
PLEASE NOTE that the terminal runs automatically and receives information on the team line-up after accreditation. The terminal will not issue your queue number ticket and you will not be able to pass the equipment inspection if the amount of the equipment submitted for the inspection does not match the amount for the entire team shown in the table No. 1.
PLEASE BE ATTENTIVE!